Friday, October 7, 2011

Deja Vu

'The Man' and I have been talking Christmas shopping lately.  Already.  I know!  And by the MB's standard that's WAY late.

We want to get 'The Kid' some blocks.  We (I) are going for 'learning' toys for our kids.  Little to no plastic toys is the goal.  Especially ones that make noise.  I realize this is our first child and recognize that we've got 'dreams' that may go out the window later on.  (Ah...the idealism of the new parents).

Blocks!  I was talking about blocks!

About a year ago I saw these dreamy blocks on the MOMA web-site.  I've been in love ever since.  And I'm secretly jealous that I saw these on a popular blog as well.  Blast it!  I thought I was so cool for having found these unique blocks.  It was my little secret.  I know.  I'm lame.  But here they are:

Alexander Gerard.



Aren't they beautiful??


And because I LOVE these blocks, they, naturally, are expensive.  I want them for myself.  And I don't feel right about my kid, much as I love him, drooling (etc.) on a set of $120 blocks.  Sigh.



Oddly enough, since I've had these on my mind, I'm seeing some similarities in other things I come across.  Perhaps there's a pattern here, eh?

Like Mary Blair.  Love.

Every trip to Disneyland I realize just how much I love the outside of this ride.  Thanks Mary.




And today I found this guy.  



And he's pretty dang cool too.  



One more and I swear I'll stop!

Found this guy a couple years ago.  And anyone who wants to buy me a print for Christmas is more than welcome.

Matte Stevens...drool.






Am I crazy or am I really seeing some major similarities here?  Or maybe I've finally tapped into an actual style I like.  (gasp) 


It's amazing what a simple 'Christmas shopping' conversation does to my brain.  Happy art-ness! 




Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment