Sunday, March 10, 2013

Girl's Weekend


Girl's Weekend/Sister's Weekend 2013!!!  Last year was a blast but the MB couldn't make it.  This year I couldn't make it but it sounded great!  I wish I was there.  The MB mentioned next year should be in Hawaii.  I think all are in favor for that one, so long as she's buying.


I'm not sure who came up with Sister's Weekend.  I think Lady W.  It was started so that the 'sister's' could get together (away from children, etc.) and bond.  And, if you so desire, get a project done that you've been meaning to finish.  AND eat some really yummy food.  Some nutritious, some not so much.

I would've loved to have gone but we are trying to purchase a home and Escrow stuff landed on the same week.  (We close tomorrow.  Crossing our fingers all goes in our favor).

Anyway, I decided to see if I could Skype-crash their party.  And after a few minutes of intense technologically impaired moments, we finally were able to video chat.  It was SUPER fun!!!

Apparently they all had previously gone around the room sharing things they love about each other.  They all did that for me.  Oy.  I did a lot of squirming.  That's both lovely to hear and hard to hear.  Why is it so uncomfortable to listen to people tell you why they love you??  It was nice all the same.  I'm sorry I wasn't able to be there in person to hear.  But we did document it with some seriously grainy phone pictures.  Woohoo!! 



Here's to all my SISTERS!  I love you all!!  Next year, for sure!  (I mentioned to the Man how I was kind of bummed I couldn't be there.  And with that simple statement I basically ensured a flight out to see my family soon.  It's nice to know the power of being a woman sometimes, hee hee).

Lady Chan

1 comment:

  1. It was so fun to see you and the little ones...even if it was over a computer. Here's to next year - in Hawaii!!! : )

    ReplyDelete