Friday, February 24, 2012

Mid-week Randomness

I should be glad that there isn't much to report.  Though I wouldn't mind giving a shout-out if I made a couple million over the weekend.

Anywho.

Update on the chickens:  we are now harvesting about 5 eggs a day.  And one buxom lass gifted us with...


A double yolker!  I know!  It's the little things that make life worth living.  


And since we have such a plethora of eggs, we've revisited the popular Egg McMuffin.  Except we don't call it that.  Just the Egg Muffin.  Because it's WAY better than the Golden Arches.  We also topped today's Egg Muffin off with a hot cup of cocoa (with whipped cream).  And a bit of locally grown oranges.  (From the backyard, mmm).  


Be jealous
As 'The Man' was walking out the door I saw this.  It looked so cool.  The picture doesn't really do it justice but it was this sunny/misty/fog scene.  I guess you just had to be there.


'The Kid' update:

He can now open just about everything.  It started with the front door.  Took me awhile to figure out how he got out to the front yard.  (Hey!  Who left the door open?!).  Until we saw him do it a few days later.  Sneaky.

He can also open the bathroom door.  And play with the toilet water.

And open pen caps.

The door to the stereo.

But not the fridge or the chicken coop.  But it's comin'.  




'The Kid' and I are leaving home for a week.  We'll miss Daddy TONS!  But Lady Chan is excited to visit with her sisters (well, other family too I guess).  Not excited about the snow.  Or the 12 hour car trip.  Ah well.

And for a teaser....

March.  I'm excited to tell you something that's happening in March.

That is all.

Best!

2 comments:

  1. Argh! Teasers! Hope to see you while you're up here...have fun with the Kid on the trip!

    ReplyDelete