Wednesday, February 15, 2012

This is Halloween, This is Halloween

My Monday.  It's worth noting.

Oh. Em. Gee.  

I've been trying to encourage the MB to purge endless amounts of useless 'stuff' in and around the house.  

Including the attic.  (The Parentals are a few boxes shy of being on an episode of HOARDERS).  

<insert shivers here>

Ongoing discussions are frequent here on the why's and wherefore's of the need to KEEP this stuff.  There is NO arguing with this woman.  If she thinks there's a chance she may use it in the next 20 years, IT STAYS.  

But I will count one success.  Or at least a half success.  We've taken down the Halloween costume boxes.  (6 steamer trunk-type boxes).  They are leaving the house.  Granted they are entering her other home.  But with the intention of all the nearby grandchildren putting them to good use.  

Any normal soul would just pack it up and take it away.  Oh NO.  Not this woman.  She has to have a pictorial INVENTORY.  Three guesses as to who gets to be the photographer.  I took a picture of every.  Single. Piece. Of. @&#$. In. The. Boxes.  


Here's a sampling (very small sampling) of what we did. 


 You have no idea how much more there is to this.


The MB, in a very believable 'Evil Witch' Costume

 I could NOT talk her out of using a hanger.  Believe me, I tried.  Hard. 


During shooting.  


 After shooting.  I could breath again.

The MB put this in my bed as a joke.  She thinks she's SOOO funny.

 Having this running around made it that much easier.  But he's cute, so I let him live.

Moral of the story: Don't argue with the MB.  It'll make everything go so much faster. 




Because I really do love Halloween, I have to post this.   

Tootles!

2 comments:

  1. I am speechless. Not surprised, just speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it took 42 long years to collect these valuable artifacts. Years of Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts and Young Women events and Sunday School classes and church plays and school dress-up days and... Halloween!! And, really, you just never know when you're going to have a desperate need for a disintegrating grass skirt and a long black wig. (sorry, no coconuts...)

    ReplyDelete