Thursday, May 17, 2012

Art Class




Finally!  Another art class.  It's been awhile.  Longer than I would've liked.  Oh well.  Such is life.  And trying to work out 5 different peoples schedules.  Above is Lady S's handy-work.  And a bonus cartoon just for kicks.  

Today we learned about light and shading using the sphere diagram.  (Compliments of google images.  I love the internet.  I couldn't find my old copy).





Just as a side note, I can't decide if I'm just really bad at explaining stuff or this all went over their heads.  I've never taught art classes to kids (or anybody for that matter) so I have no clue what is age appropriate for their learning level.   I also have to keep reminding myself that these girls are 10.  Baby steps.  

But I give them tons of credit.  They did great.  And usually by the end of the session their sketches have improved from the first attempt to the last.  I'd really like them to do two things when they're with me.  Learn something and have a good time.  

So here's pictures of, I hope, both:

Lady S having a GOOD time.  

Lady J and her handy work (and below)



Good job ladies!!  And until next time...practice, practice, PRACTICE!!

Lady Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment