Monday, August 6, 2012

A Few Girly Things



Kind of a scary picture to 'open' with, but I couldn't help myself.  

I don't know what it is about having babies, but, I can't seem to get into the whole 'clothes buying' thing until just before delivery.  Maybe I am superstitious.  Or in denial.  It's kind of an unsettling anticipation.  Exciting, but, unsettling.  Can I do this again?  Have I really thought about the significance of bringing another human being into the world enough?  What do I do with a girl?  Etc. Etc.
That said!  I got a package in the mail.  (Have I ever expressed how much much I really love packages?!  Regardless of whether I paid for it or not, I LOVE it.  It's like Christmas every time).

Anyway!

I finally decided it was time to get some girl clothes.  (Or maybe because there was a big sale).  Maybe that is another reason why I hesitated.  I think I'm a little afraid to jump in on the whole 'I'm having a girl' action.  Maybe I'm afraid I'll go crazy with it.  Maybe I'm afraid of coming off as one of those mothers that buys her daughter 'Princess' themed nonsense.  

But I digress.  Again.





I laid out all the clothes on the bed.  What a sobering sight.  (And a little bit giddy).  I am determined to embrace femininity gracefully!!  

And I saw this the other day and decided she must have one.  Or ten.


I even cleared out a space in our already-too-small-to-be-comfortable room, for the cradle.  Ah!!!  



Still not sure where I'm going to put the laundry basket.

'The Man's' aunt from back home put together a list of Chinese names for us to pick from as well.  We're getting closer to 'The Little Lady' having some form of identification.  Sweet!

That's all for now!

Lady Chan






3 comments:

  1. I love the green outfit the best, although those precious polka-dotted ones are so fun. Don't forget to ask Lady W for hand-me-downs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the green one is by far everyone's favorite. I like the polka-dot ones too! You'll have to help me convince 'The Man' though. He thought it was a strange choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's going to be SOOO cute! I've got Ashley hooked on necklaces! She loves them! I also love the green dress and sweater. I think I saw that when it was full price and couldn't justify buying it!

    ReplyDelete